Home Sports Oscar De La Hoya, 48, has confirmed that he intends to return to boxing in July.
Sports - March 27, 2021

Oscar De La Hoya, 48, has confirmed that he intends to return to boxing in July.

Oscar de la Hoya, the former world champion, has announced that he will return to boxing in July, 13 years after retiring.

Listen to this article

Oscar de la Hoya, the former world champion, has announced that he will return to boxing in July, 13 years after retiring.

In a 16-year career, the 48-year-old held 11 championships in six weight divisions and is known as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters ever.

In 2008, he was defeated by Manny Pacquiao in his final fight.

De La Hoya, on the other hand, took to the stage in April to promote Jake Paul’s fight with Ben Askren, announcing: “On July 3rd, I’m making a fight comeback.”

De La Hoya told DAZN earlier this week that he had been practicing for some time. He also mentioned Mike Tyson, the former world heavyweight champion, who recently made a comeback at the age of 54.

In November, Tyson fought Roy Jones Jr, who was 51 years old at the time.

De La Hoya said, “Mike Tyson inspired the hell out of me.”

It is unclear who De La Hoya will face, but he has previously claimed that a fight with Floyd Mayweather, another American boxing legend, will be “huge.”

Since the founding of Golden Boy Promotions in 2002, De La Hoya has maintained close links to boxing.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend

Listen to this article Musician KiDi has printed that he felt embarrassed, unhappy and def…